23 July 2013

Zucchini Fries with Garlic Ranch Sauce

Holy moly! I am going to get a ton of zucchini this year. Seriously, my zucchini plants are taking over my entire garden.  Over the weekend, I went out to water the garden and I picked 2 ginormous zucchini. I decided I would use one to make chocolate cake, but that only ended up using half a zucchini.  I still had one and half zucchini sitting in my kitchen and I can't forget that I still have a ton of zucchini growing outside. I really have no idea what to do with that much zucchini. My sister-in-law suggested zucchini fries.  I sat down and found a recipe on Our Best Bites and it looked super easy, so I sliced up some zucchini and tried the recipe out.  It was easy and these fries were delicious. The were the perfect side to the Italian Sausage Sandwiches we had for dinner last night. These fries will probably make a couple dozen more appearances out our house this summer. As for the sauce, the recipes I looked at served them with ranch or marinara. The ranch sounded good to me, but I wanted to improve my ranch a little bit. What can I say? I like garlic.


Zucchini Fries

  • 2-3 large zucchini
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 425F. Slice zucchini into strips. Mix bread crumbs and cheese in gallon ziploc bag.  Dip zucchini strips into eggs and then toss in bread crumb mixture.  Place coated zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at for 12 minutes then flip zucchini over and bake for another 12 minutes until zucchini are crispy.

Garlic Ranch Sauce

  • 1/2 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2-3 cloves minced or pressed garlic

Mix all ingredients together.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...