16 September 2011

S'mores Dip


Well, football season has begun. This will be the beginning of Football Food Fridays! Normally I post on Mondays and Thursdays, but in honor of the exciting football season I'm changing my schedule to Mondays and Wednesdays and am adding a post on Fridays for game day foods. Why because this football season is particularly exciting in our house because my husband and I both graduated from BYU and the BYU games are no longer on The Mtn. They are on ESPN. Hurray, we can watch the games this year!  We decided we are going to have a party for every game and by party I mean the 2 of us sitting on the couch watching the game eating snack food. Well, as I said football season has begun so there are game food recipes floating all over Pinterest. So I have been pinning some of theses recipes and am going to try a new one for each game (well I might use some old recipes too). So, go follow my pin boards and find links to tons of delicious looking food. (While your at it you can like my Facebook page too.)  For the game last Saturday, I tried a dip that keeps getting repinned all over Pinterest: S'mores Dip.  This stuff was delicious! It was better warm, at least in dip form. When I refrigerated the leftovers it got firm and was delicious to eat cold like fudge. Yes, I had leftovers, because this stuff is rich and too much for me and my husband to finish in one sitting. It would have been great  had it been complimented with something salty.


S'mores Dip
  • 1 14oz can sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
  • 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
  • Graham Cracker
In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and condensed milk on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally(stopping about every 30 seconds to stir), until chips are melted. Stir to mix well. Pour into 9-inch glass pie pan, spreading evenly. Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoonfuls randomly over chocolate mixture. Microwave on High about 30 seconds or until marshmallow creme is softened. (I probably microwaved it for 1 minute, but then again I did use extra marshmallow cream). Immediately with knife, make several small swirls through marshmallow and chocolate, creating a marbled appearance. (I folded the mixture a few times to get some of the of the chocolate back on top and some of the marshmallow mixed in a little deeper.) Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping.

*I probably used 1 3/4 cups of chocolate chips, because it was sad to see that extra 1/4 cup left in my bag, So I figured I would use them. A little extra chocolate never hurts, but it probably did make it thicker. That might have helped it firm into fudge better. I also got carried away and probably used half a small jar of Marshmallow cream.

51 comments :

  1. Fabulous! I'm in love with this dip and I haven't even made it yet. Thanks for sharing! - Alli @ cupcakediariesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks AMAZING - and perfect for a party! Found you on Tatertots and Jello - Trish @ MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is making my mouth water. I will be making this for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your link on Tatertots and Jello and that looks delicious! I'm always on the lookout for recipes and I will definitely have to try this one out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linking over from TT&J - soooo making this tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delish...I told my husband I want to swim in it! I'd love for you to link up to my new linky party -

    Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks DELICIOUS!!! I'd love for you to link up to this weeks Saturday Show-off!
    http://threeyearsofdeath.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-show-off-link-up-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you on TT&J! YUMMY!!! We are headed to a little get together later today and you helped me figure out the perfect thing to bring!! Can't wait to try it :)

    Ali
    http://just-a-bowl-of-cherries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have just made me SO hungry. How have I missed this on pinterest? I can't wait to try it!
    I am new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messsforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smore's in a DIP...Get Out!!! I can't wait to make this when no else is around so I won't have to share :) YUM!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. excited to be a new follower! how fun, I've never seen smores dip before but this is fantastic. take care.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to eat S'mores.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Football Food Fridays?! What fun!! The s'mores dip sounds fantastic! I would love to have you come link up some of your football food posts to my College Football Tailgate Saturday party! http://www.momendeavors.com/2011/11/college-football-saturday-tailgate-nebraska-game-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm! This looks amazing too! Thanks for sharing at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found this on pintrest and I might have to make it tonight! I'm SO excited I have all the ingredients at home too!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK...this is the one I want to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I saw your link on Serendipity and Spice. This dip looks like something my kids would love!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dip looks amazing! I pinned it on Pinterest and within an hour it had 667 repins! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just looking at my blog stats and this page alone has had over 2,000 hits today. I'm lucky if my entire blog gets 500 views a day. Thanks for pinning!

      Delete
  19. when you say marshmallow cream is that the same as "fluff"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marshmallow cream and fluff are essentially the same thing. I've never used fluff before but imagine you can use it in this recipe.

      Delete
  20. Did you use a small can or a large can of condensed milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you! I swear it didn't say that before when I looked at the recipe. lol

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, it didn't say that before. I added it after you asked because I realized that might be some important information for everyone to know.

      Delete
    3. O....M....G - made it last night. UNREAL! Thank you for the recipe!

      Delete
  21. This is amazing!!

    Linnie

    LinnieatLarge.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. can this be made ahead of time and then reheated to enjoy the next day too? thank you for this simple treat, from the bottom of my belly lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend doing it up as fresh as possible. When I made it I reheated the leftovers and it softened up just fine, but every time you heat it it is going to turn a little bit thicker, more like fudge than and gooey dip, especially as it cools down.

      Delete
  23. I made this with mini marshmallows that I had on hand. They didn't melt completely but it was still amazing with the marshmallow "chunks" in it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks amazing! I love s'mores and this looks so fun!
    Thanks for the recipe
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just made it for my Ugly Sweater Christmas Party and everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks delightful. am going to make for our next scrapbooking weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can it be made in a small crock pot on low?

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...