29 July 2013

Cherry Peach Crisp

Last time I went grocery shopping I went completely overboard with fruit. I got a big bunch of grapes for the hubby, bananas for the kiddle and a bag of peaches. Then I saw that cherries were super cheap, so I grabbed some of those too. Well, we haven't been eating that fruit as fast as I would have hoped, especially since we are eating zucchini at nearly every meal. (I should mention that the zucchini in my garden is growing like crazy.) I was trying to decide how I could use up some of that fruit. I thought maybe I could make peach crisp or cherry cobbler and then I got the brilliant idea to combine the peaches and the cherries into one dish. I prefer crisp over cobbler so Cherry Peach Crisp was born. Now, I'm sure I'm not the first person to have thought of this, but I'm still glad I thought of it, because it was delicious.

Cherry Peach Crisp  


  • 3-4 peaches, pealed and sliced
  • 2 cups cherries, pitted (the proportions of fruit don't need to be exact)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tespoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 oats
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375F. Mix together peaches, cherries, granulated sugar and vanilla. Put in an 8" x 8" pan.  Mix together flour, outs, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture over fruit mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until bubble and topping is golden brown.



2 comments :

  1. What a yummy summertime dessert! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...