29 April 2013

Stash-Buster Challenge - Cabbage Patch Doll Hat

I didn't get a lot of crochet finished this month. I happy to say That I've made quite a bit of progress on baby girls blanket. After using up another 12 ounces I'm almost done with the base of the blanket, then all I'll have left will be to make a few more appliques and sew them on, but it's still not finished. I also had another sale for a turtle prop that I had to make, but I had to but more yarn for that one so that wasn't a stash-busting project.

So the only stash-busting project I finished was a cabbage patch doll hat for baby girl's 4 month pictures. I can't take credit for the idea. I saw it on pinterest, but I can't link pack to the original, because when I clicked on the image pinterest came up with a message that said something along the lines the link had been deleted, because users reported the image directing them to a shady website. iused 39g (1.3 ounces) of yarn to make this hat.

What's next for May? Well, my main focus is that blanket. I really need to finish it.  I also have plans to make another hat for baby girl's 5 months and maybe some mits for her to because she likes to scratch her self and those little store bought ones are just a little too small for her hands now.

12 comments :

  1. Oh! this is such a fun yarn project. The baby looks super cute! Looking forward to see your blanket...
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks just like a Cabbage Patch Kid doll! Adorable! I love this hat!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo she is very cute!!!You make wonders!Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and hilarious! One of my girls may have to be a Cabbage Patch doll for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is seriously killing me! I'm laughing so hard. What a cute and clever idea. I'm putting this on my Halloween list! Thanks for sharing!

    I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute. What a darling idea.Thanks so much for linking up to The Gathering Spot. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a link for this pattern? I LOVE it. It makes me smile!!! gelswood@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I unfortunately don't. I didn't use a pattern and don't use patterns for much of my crochet. I also tend to make things up and do things that aren't necessarily real stitches so I can't exactly write it out into a pattern either. But, to give you an idea of what I did. I used the half double crochets to make the hat. I added the bangs in the last 5 rows. For the bangs I used the loop stitch, which has the loop on the wrong side. I didn't want the rest of my hat to be inside out so after completely each loop stitch I pulled the loop to the front before I did the next stitch and the next stitch held it in place, if that makes sense. I attached the pig tails on afterward I made the hat. I hope that helps.

      Delete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...