06 May 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Oat Cookies

A while back I posted a recipe for Healthy Oatmeal Banana Cookies.  I keep seeing the idea all over pinterest and fitness forums.  However there is always a difference. Nobody puts apple sauce in there cookies. I decided I would try that since I usually have bananas but don't normally have apple sauce on hand. I have to say that I'm happy with the results and think I like the texture better without the apple sauce. I've also decided this is the best way to use up my bananas when the are about to go bad. This little recipe is perfect. One banana yields about 6 - 7 cookies, so they are super guilt free in my opinion anyway. The have healthy ingredients and if I eat all of them it's only 6 cookies, not 2 dozen.  However the recipe is super easy to double or triple, depending on how many bananas you need to 

Peanut Butter Banana Oat Cookies
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (or any other  mix ins you desire)
Mash together banana and lemon juice. Add oats and peanut butter to bananas and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of dough on to a cookie sheet. Flatten each spoonful into a cookie shape. (These cookies don't spread so they will bake into whatever shape you leave them) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

1 comment :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...