10 December 2012

Apple Streusel Coffee Cake

I just had to make a nice breakfast on Thanksgiving. I just felt we needed something better than cereal. It was a holiday after all. However, with all of the cooking we would be doing I didn't want to go overboard with breakfast. This is why I am happy I keep muffin mixes in my cupboard. You can easily make things other than muffins with them and not have to do a lot of work. This recipe comes from the Jiffy Website. I originally saw it on a box of muffin mix. I altered the recipe slightly because I remembered making it in the past and the streusel didn't work quite right. 

Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
adapted from Jiffy

Coffee Cake:
  • 1 pkg."JIFFY" Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp. melted shortening or oil
Streusel Topping:
  • 1/4 cup Baking Mix (like Bisquik)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8" square pan. Combine coffee cake ingredients. Spread into prepared pan.  For topping, combine baking mix, sugar, and cinnamon. Add margarine or butter. Blend until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over batter. Bake 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned.

4 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...