20 September 2012

Reuben Sandwiches

So, this is something that I'm betting most of you know how to make, but I'm going to share it with you anyway. This is something we make with the leftovers every time we make corned beef. My hubby loves Reuben sandwiches and I like them an awful lot too. Good thing they are so easy. I have to say, I like sauerkraut, but I like it even better when there are sauteed onions mixed in, so that's my special touch when it comes to Reuben Sandwiches. If your looking for any other sauerkraut tips the only other one I have is that if you find your sauerkraut is too sour or strong, you can rinse it out in some water and then drain it get rid of some more of the pickling juices to give it little bit more mild of a flavor.


Reuben Sandwich

  • Corned Beef
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion
  • 1 can Sauerkraut
  • Thousand Island Dressing
  • Rye Bread ( I like Russian rye best)

Thinly slice onions and saute in butter until onions are soft and translucent. Add drained sauerkraut and cook until heated through. Thinly slice corned beef and heat in the microwave. Toast bread. Layer corned beef and sauerkraut mixture on one slice of rye bread. Top with thousand Island dressing and a second slice of bread.

2 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...