17 September 2012

Fauxtisserie Chicken

I stopped at the store to grab some chicken tenderloins. While I was in the poultry section I noticed the store had whole Chickens on sale.  I decided to grab one. I didn't have plans in mind for it and then I remembered  that I had seen a recipe for a fake rotisserie chicken (slow cooker rotisserie chicken) on Our Best Bites. What is easier than making a chicken in the crock pot? This chicken turned out nice and juicy and tender. I don't think I will ever use an oven bag again. I really loved the fact that the OBB tutorial used the foil balls to help keep the chicken from stewing in its own juices. I just used seasoning salt mixed with some chicken seasoning. It was good, but I'm sure I could play around with the seasoning next time and give it an even better flavor.

Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
  • 1 whole chicken (small enough to fit in your slow cooker)
  • Salt based Seasoning (Any seasoning mix that list salt as the first ingredient, I used a mixture of season salt and chicken seasoning)
  • Aluminum foil
Make  3 or 4 balls of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker (the foil balls will lift the chicken up out of the juices and allow the air to circulate around the chicken). Clean chicken inside and out and pat dry. Very, very generously coat chicken in seasoning. Place chicken breast side up on top of the foil balls in the slow cooker. Cook for 7-8 hours on low.




3 comments :

  1. Looks so easy but sounds so delicious! Glad to have discovered your site through Mimi's Magic Apron. Now a new follower - Abby from manilaspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very tasty recipe for the Slow Cooker, we would love it. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...