13 September 2012

Cheesy Stuffed Shells

Normally,  I make stuffed sells if we have people over for dinner, because it makes more than enough food for out little family.  My hubby requested I make it so I decided to try something different. I decided to divided it into three containers and freeze two of them to save for a later date. Keep in mind that if you cook it frozen instead of  fresh, you'll need to increase your baking time.

Cheesy Stuffed Shells
  • 1 package jumbo shells
  • 1 lb ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan, divided
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 jar pasta sauce
Cook shells according to package directions and let cool. In a large bowl mix together, ricotta cheese, eggs 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 Parmesan, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1 cup pasta sauce into bottom of 9"x13" baking dish. Scoop spoonfuls of cheese mixture into the shells and place over sauce in 9"x13" pan. Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella. Bake for 35 minutes at 375F.

To freeze mine I divided mine among 3 disposable foil  pans.
Then I wrapped them in a couple layers of plastic wrap to help protect them in the freezer.
Then, just bake it when your ready to eat, Just remember to increase the baking time since it was frozen. I baked the frozen for about an hour, covered with foil.

3 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...