16 May 2012

Marinated London Broil

We were trying to come up with something nice to eat for Easter dinner. Hubby kept throwing out the idea of Prime Rib, which we made for Christmas. I however, was thinking of something a little less pricey. I suggested we cook up a London Broil. I got on Google to look for a good marinade and found this one.  It is so good. It's very flavorful and super easy. It has some pretty basic ingredients which we just happen to always have on hand. I think it would make a good marinade for any steak, probably for chicken and some fish too. Just keep in mind you do need to let in marinade for at least 24 hours for the best results.


Marinated London Broil
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed or equivalent amount of garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 1/2 to 2 1/4-pound piece of London Broil
Measure soy sauce in a 2-cup measuring cup. Add sugar, olive oil, garlic and ginger and stir until sugar is dissolved. Put meat into a heavy-duty zipper-top plastic bag and pour marinade into bag. Remove air from bag and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.Remove meat from marinade (discard marinade) and grill meat until it reaches desired doneness for your taste buds; medium rare is perfect! Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.

2 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...