14 May 2012

Streusel Topped Sweet Potato

I bought some sweet potatoes to try and make some sweet potato fries, which turned out to be a disaster. Anyway. I had one sweet potato leftover which is the perfect side to nice steak. I of course hat to doctor the sweet potato up with cinnamon, sugar, and marshmallows. I also decided to throw some streusel on top. These potatoes were delicious. Baby even liked them too. The were so good baby is lucky I shared with him at all.


Streusel Topped Sweet Potato
Sweet Potato Mixture:

  • 1 Sweet Potato
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter
Topping:

  • Mini Marshmallows
  • 1/4 Cup Flour
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened (NOT MELTED)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Wash Potato, poke with holes and bake at  350F for 1 hour. Remove from oven let cool enough to handle. Remove skin from potato. Mash together Potato, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon butter. Divide potato mixture between 2 oven safe ramekins. Top each ramekin with 9 or 10 mini marshmallows. To make streusel Mix together  1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel over marshmallows. Bake at 350F 10-15 until streusel topping and marshmallows are golden brown.

You can easily make this in one large dish as well without dividing the mixture into ramekins, but you would probably want to increase the number of sweet potatoes you use.




4 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...