21 October 2011

Cheese Ball

Hurray, BYU won their last game! Things are certainly looking better for them since the've been playing Riley Nelson, maybe not super great, but better. We enjoyed this win with a cheese ball. This recipe came from my mother-in-law. It's one of the things she always made without following a recipe, but every time she made it someone would ask for the recipe. Eventually she decided to figure out some measurements and wrote it down so she could share the recipe with others. Good thing to, because my husband loves these cheese balls so he's always happy when I make one. Well, we most often leave out the nut and just put it in a bowl and not shape it into a ball. Really though it is delicious either way.

Cheese Ball
  • 8 oz cream cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, Softened
  • 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use a fiesta blend sometimes too)
  • 1 small can sliced olives
  • 1 green onion chopped, or 2 tsp dry minced onion
  • 3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
  • chopped walnuts or pecans
Combine all ingredients except nuts. Shape into a ball  and roll in chopped nuts. If cheese is to soft to shape, chill in the fridge for a little while and then shape. (Nut allergies? Try rolling in cracker crumbs or more shredded cheese.)





7 comments :

  1. Yummy! I think cheese balls are so pretty and I just love this recipe. If you have a moment I'd love for you to share at my party. http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/10/taking-timeout-thursday-link-party-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this. I have a Snack Attack Party to bring a Halloween snack to. I had tried a cheese ball similar to your before and needed the recipe. I think I'll bring yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cheese Ball looks so pretty and is just in time for the fall entertaining season. It is a great recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good and simple, but nice with the olives and salso touch. I'll have to try it.
    Thanks, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could be shaped into a football! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...