Hurray, BYU won their last game! Things are certainly looking better for them since the've been playing Riley Nelson, maybe not super great, but better. We enjoyed this win with a cheese ball. This recipe came from my mother-in-law. It's one of the things she always made without following a recipe, but every time she made it someone would ask for the recipe. Eventually she decided to figure out some measurements and wrote it down so she could share the recipe with others. Good thing to, because my husband loves these cheese balls so he's always happy when I make one. Well, we most often leave out the nut and just put it in a bowl and not shape it into a ball. Really though it is delicious either way.
- 8 oz cream cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, Softened
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use a fiesta blend sometimes too)
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 1 green onion chopped, or 2 tsp dry minced onion
- 3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
- chopped walnuts or pecans
Combine all ingredients except nuts. Shape into a ball and roll in chopped nuts. If cheese is to soft to shape, chill in the fridge for a little while and then shape. (Nut allergies? Try rolling in cracker crumbs or more shredded cheese.)