25 April 2011

Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken

This chicken is clearly upside down. What was I thinking?
While ham is very delicious I cook it a lot and wanted to make something else for Easter dinner so I made a chicken instead.  This recipe is inspired by the Smith's coupon books I get in the mail. This chicken turned out fabulous. So tasty, but we discovered it's very hard to carve a chicken when you thought you had it breast side up, but it was actually breast side down. So we peeled all of the tasty skin off of the back and flipped it over. Good thing that chicken was small.Then we successfully carved the chicken. We served it with some green beens and some red potatoes pan fried in olive oil with minced garlic and green onions.

Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken

  • 1 Whole Chicken
  • Olive oil
  • Dried Rosemary
  • Dried Thyme
  • 1 Head of Garlic
  • 3 Lemons
  • 1 oven bag and a pan to fit your chicken
Toss a little bit of flour in your oven bag. Separate your head of garlic and peel of the excess layers. (A layer or two wont hurt.) Throw the garlic in your oven bag. Quarter the 3 lemons. Rub chicken with olive oil, and dried rosemary and time. Squeeze two lemon quarters over the chicken. Throw all of the lemon wedges into the oven bag. Place the oven bag in the pan and place the chicken inside the bag (breast side up!) on top of the lemons and garlic. Tie the bag closed and cut a few small slits in the top. Bake at 400 °F until internal chicken temperature reads at least 165 °F. Cooking time varies by chicken size. My chicken was 4 1/2 pounds and I cooked it 1 hour 30 minutes.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...