25 April 2011

French Pastry Shell (tastes like sugar cookie)

This one isn't precooked;
 I needed an uncooked crust
for the dessert I was making
I got this recipe from a lady from France. It's delicious and I think it tastes like sugar cookie. It would work great as crust for a chocolate cream pie or something similar. This recipe doesn't use our standard US measurements. It uses grams, so a food scale is kind of useful for this recipe. Yes, you can convert the amounts on the internet and use cups if you don't have a scale. It works just fine, but I can tell you from experience that it seems to work better with the food scale. I've included some conversions here but you might want to do some double checking.


French Pastry Shell

  • 250g flour ( around 2 cups)
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 130g soften butter (9Tbls.)
  • 2 T milk
  • Vanilla
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 90g powder sugar ( around 3/4 cup)
Mix ingredients for 30 seconds at medium speed. Form into a ball. Sprinkle a clean flat surface with flour. Roll out dough about 1/4" thick. Place in pie pan. Bake for 10 -15 minutes at 375°F.
It seems to make a lot of dough so a large 9 "or 10" sized pie pan is going to work best.
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...