18 April 2011

Lemon Garlic Fish

My husband and I started buying frozen fish from Costco. At first we would just rub it with some olive oil, salt and pepper and then grill it. It tastes great that way, but we wanted to mix it up a little.  I kind of found this recipe on the Food Network website.  The original recipe uses white wine, but we don't drink and don't have alcohol in the house so I use chicken broth instead. I also don't look at a recipe when I cook it, so the quantity of each ingredient might not be the same as the original, but the basic idea is there and it tastes good. So here is my version.

Lemon Garlic Fish
2 fish filets, white fish such as Tilapia or Mahi Mahi
6 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chiken broth
Juice of 1 lemon (or 3 Tbsp of bottled lemon juice works fine too)
1 Tbsp butter (the real stuff)

Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium. Salt and pepper your fish and place in pan cooking on first side 3-4 minutes then add the garlic to pan and saute the garlic for a minute or two. Flip fish when it starts turning golden brown. Then, add chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan.  When the sauce reduces to very little liquid add the butter and let it melt mixing it with the remaining lemon sauce. Plate your fish and top with some of the garlic and melted butter sauce. Serve with a couple slices of fresh lemon for squeezing over fish.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...