15 April 2013

Crustless Quiche

Hubby brought some great stuff with him into our marriage.  He had a nice set of China that belonged to his Grandma and real silverware and other silver serving pieces. He brought his handy computer skills. You can seriously save a lot of money when you only have to replace a piece of a laptop instead of the whole thing.  He is also handy when it comes to yard work, which I am pretty much worthless when to come to working in our yard.  I grew up in a town house and a landscaping company took care of all of that stuff. Hubby on the other hand, his parent's own a large piece of property and landscaped the whole thing themselves.  Hubby also brought a bunch of his mom's great recipes with him into our marriage. This would be one of those recipes.  I had never heard of including baking mix into the eggs to help them set a little stiffer and eliminating the need for a crust.  Don't get me wrong. I love a nice flaky crust on my quiche, but sometimes you just need quick and throwing Bisquick in the mix is easier and faster than rolling out a homemade pie crust. Anyway, the great thing about quiche is you can pretty much throw whatever you want in it: ham, bacon, onions, spinach.



Crustless Quiche
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups Milk
  • 1/2 bisquick mix
  • Salt Pepper to taste
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
  • Your Choice of quiche filling: Ham, bacon (precooked), mushrooms, olives, onions, spinach, etc.

Place filling in bottom of a greased pie plate or baking dish. Layer cheese over fillings. Mix together eggs, milk, bisquick mix, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes at 325F.

2 comments :

  1. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...