11 March 2013

Black Bean Tacos

I post a lot of things on pinterest thinking "That looks good, maybe I'll make that someday." Every once in a while I pin something and it's not a maybe I'm going to make it, it's an I am definitely going to make it and I get all the stuff I need for it at my next trip to the grocery store. This recipe was an I'm definitely going to make it.  I saw these crunchy black bean tacos pinned from Cornerstone Cooking and knew I needed to try them. I didn't follow the instructions exactly and apparently didn't have cumin like the original recipe called for. I never use cumin, but I would have sworn it came with my spice rack. I guess I was wrong. Anyways, these things were delicious and a lot more filling than I would have expected. We liked them with a little bit of guacamole and some salsa verde. I'll definitely make these again.

Black Bean Tacos
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp dried cilantro
  • 4-6 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Corn tortillas

In a frying pay cook onions in a little oil until tender, add garlic and cook another minute or two. Add beans paprika and cilantro and cook until heated through.In a large, non-stick skillet or cast iron skillet, add a few tablespoons of oil and heat over medium-high heat.Add one corn tortilla at a time and let each get hot in the oil for a few seconds. Then add about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture to one half of the tortilla. Top with a some of the grated cheese.Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla over so it forms a shell. Press down lightly on the tortilla so it holds its shape.As the first tortilla cooks, move it to the side and do a second one. Depending on the size of your pan, you should be able to get 2 or 3 tacos at once. Cook each taco for about 3 minutes per side until they are nicely browned and crispy. Tip: When flipping the taco to cook on the other side, use a spatula and flip the taco toward the fold so the filling doesn't fall out. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc.




1 comment :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...