14 April 2011

Homemade Guacamole

The world of food blogs as opened me up to using fresh ingredients. I'll be honest I've never bought a lot of produce because I've never know what to do with it. Dried and ground spices have always worked fine for me, but the internet has endless possibilities and I'm learning the fresh stuff tastes so much better. Now when I walk through the produce section I buy stuff like avocados and mangoes just because I'm curious. Last time I bought avocados because a guacamole bacon cheese burger sounded fabulous. This time, I just bought avocados because the store still had them. Maybe I could put them on a salad or something. My husband told me just to make some more guacamole because a layered dip sounded good. Being the chips and dip lover I am I couldn't ignore that suggestion.

Guacamole is super easy and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. My hubby and I have fridge full of hot sauces so we got creative and  added some Chipotle Tabasco sauce to ours (not the regular kind of Tabasco, but that could be good too).  The smoky chipotle flavor really compliments the avocado nicely.  If you don't have Chipotle Tabasco sauce, you could probably use some ground Chipotle chili powder, or some of the sauce from a can of chipotle peppers. In my experience the Chipotle Tabasco sauce is going to be easiest, and it certainly is easier to find and is cheaper than the Chipotle chili powder and it's certainly not worth opening a whole can of Chipotle peppers just for some guacamole.

Homemade Guacamole 
  • 2 avocados
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed.
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • salt to taste
  • Chipotle Tabasco sauce 
Cut open your avocados, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh from the skins. Mash up your avocado and mix in the remaining ingredients. Can't get much easier than that.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...