11 February 2013

Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies

Look! A post that isn't breakfast food!  I'm a big fan of brownies and I have to admit that I am a big fan of brownie mixes. They are easy and they always turn out great. I'm not sure I've ever taken the time to make brownies from scratch. I was really craving brownies the other day and since brownies are my biggest weakness I absolutely had to make some. I didn't have an mixes so I decided to make some from scratch. I searched through some cookbooks and found this recipe from Taste of Home. These brownies are on the darker side of chocolate. I like dark chocolate so I'd definitely make them again. These brownies are on the darker side of chocolate. The recipe calls for semi sweet chocolate chips, but I actually used these fancy milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled chips we found once. I've been saving them in my fridge for a great recipe to use them in and they just weren't getting used. This recipe was as good as any to use these chips up.  The milk chocolate helped sweetened the brownies up.  


Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips I actually used these fancy milk chocolate and peanut butter 
In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts:
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.

4 comments :

  1. These look yummy I will definitely be trying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. I'm bookmarking you so I can make these brownies next weekend. I just found you through The Dedicated House. I'm your newest follower. Hoping you'll come check me out at www.crazythriftycrafts.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y U M! Pinning ... thanks for sharing!! :)

    Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These do look delicious, I'll have to get my daughter to make them for me, because I can mess up any brownie recipe. We are your newest members, would love for you to visit and join us.
    Jeannie and Linda
    The French Hen's Nest

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...