14 January 2013

Scones, Utah Style

Bread dough deep fried and then covered in cinnamon sugar. I guess these are what you would call Utah scones. I'd never seen this done until I met my husband, but he's not actually from Utah.  However, the entire concept isn't new to me. When I was kid we would do the same thing with the canned biscuit dough to make donut holes. Anyway, we made these for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. (This is how I know I am behind on this blog. I made these well over a month ago. A newborn and a toddler sure can keep you busy). I made rolls for the big dinner. I had more dough than could fit in one pan of rolls, but didn't have enough dough leftover to start another pan. We just wrapped up the dough and saved it for the morning. Anyway, they always make for a breakfast that's better than boring old cereal.

Utah Scones
  • White bread dough (or dough from your favorite bread recipe)
  • Cinnamon and Sugar
Roll out bread dough and cut into triangles. Fry dough in hot oil until golden brown. Toss in cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle with powdered sugar, or eat with jam or honey.

2 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...