10 September 2012

Dulce de Leche Thumb Print Cookies

I'm thinking I probably first saw this recipe linked up at at a link party, but I don't remember exactly. I do remember that I figured hubby would love these cookies, so I stopped by Melissa's Cuisine to check out the recipe  and I pinned it. I also happened to have a can of dulce in my cupboard, so I knew they were going to be a pin that I was actually going to try out.  The only alteration I made is that I increased the recipe and it was a good thing too. These cookies were delicious, so it was nice to have the extra cookies to eat.

Dulce De Leche Thumb Print Cookies
In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and salt until smooth. Slowly mix in the flour until the dough pulls away from the bowl. Roll the dough into 1-1/2" balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Using your thumb, press the center of the ball to create an indentation. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, until the edges of the cookie are golden brown. The cookies will have risen slightly, so repress the indentations if needed. Cool the cookies completely on a wire rack. Spoon some dulce de leche into each thumbprint.  Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave and stir until smooth. Scoop into a pastry bag and drizzle on top of the cookies. Store in an airtight container.

6 comments :

  1. Those look so yummy for any occassion, but the drizzled chocolate give them a halloween look too! Will have to try. Saying Hi from Mom on A Time Out Hop...I host Photo Friday Link Party, I'd love to have you link up this or any other original photo from your blog. Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cookies, I can't wait to try these. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just what I've been looking for Erin! Thanks so much for linking up at Thriving on Thursdays. I'm featuring this recipe tomorrow.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look delicious! Would make an excellent gift at Christmas! Thanks for linking up to Iron Chef Mom!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...