02 May 2012

Recent Crochet Projects {Necklace and Bracelet Pattern}

I can always find something to crochet. Yet, it's been a while since I posted anything crochet. I've been working on a few things and it's about time I share them with you.

I saw a cute crocheted necklace on Pinterest. I figured it was something I would be able to replicate, so I did. It's certainly not an exact replica, but I like it. Scroll down, you can find my pattern below.


This is small purse that I made for a friend. I don't have a pattern written out for this one. To get an idea of what I did... I worked it in continuous rounds. The bag was made with the single crochet stitch, with the exception of the accent row that was made with a bouillon stitch. I hand emroidered the design and added a small crocheted flower. 
I even added a nice fabric lining to the inside.

I made a couple of hats for a friend of mine. She is expecting a little girl and I thought that baby girl needed a nice stylish hat.
 I figured baby girl's big brother might like a nice hat too.
I also don't have patterns for these hats but I can tell you that I made the hats in a continuous round and used front Post treble crochet stitches to achieve the the texture. You can check out this pattern here to get an idea of how I make a basic Newsboy Style Hat.

This same friend asked if I could make some photo props for her baby girl's new born shoot when the time comes. One of the things she had me make was a little turtle shell with a matching hat. They turned out adorable and I can only imagine how cute they will actually be on baby girl. Another friend of mine saw the pictures of the finished project. This friend happens to be a photographer and decided she needed one too. Let's see if this little photo prop keeps me busy in the future.

So lets get back to something that does have a pattern. The necklace and a matching bracelet. I have no idea how close this necklace is to the original pattern but I'll at least let you know how I made mine and how to make a matching bracelet as well.

Crochet Necklace Pattern
Materials:
Worsted weight Yarn, size G or H hook, 3 1/2"-3/4" buttons
Instructions:
Main Necklace.
 Make a chain about 13 -14 feet long.  Join with a slip stitch to beginning of chain to create a large loop. Slip stitch in each chain. Fasten off weave in ends.
Button loop.
Row 1-Chain 11. Sc in second chain from hook and in each chain across. (10 Stitches) turn.
Row 2 Ch 1, Sc in each stitch across. Turn
Rows 3-7 repeat row 2
Row 8 Ch 1 Sc in first sc. [Chain 2, Skip next two sc, sc in next single crochet] three times.Turn
Row 9 Sc in first sc, [2 sc in chain 2 space. sc in next sc] three times. Fasten off. Weave in ends. Sew buttons to row 1.
Wrap main necklace into desire number of loops. I like mine 5 or 6 loops. Button button loop around necklace.

Crochet Bracelet Pattern
Materials:
Worsted weight Yarn, size G or H hook, 2 1/2"-3/4" buttons
Instructions:
Main bracelet.
Make a chain about 3 1/2 - 4 feet long.  Join with a slip stitch to beginning of chain to create a large loop. Slip stitch in each chain. Fasten off weave in ends.
Button loop.
Row 1 Chain 8. Sc in second chain from hook and in each chain across. (7 Stitches) turn.
Row 2 Ch 1, Sc in each stitch across. Turn
Rows 3-7 repeat row 2
Row 8 Ch 1 Sc in first sc. [Chain 2, Skip next two sc, sc in next single crochet] two times.Turn
Row 9 Sc in first sc, [2 sc in chain 2 space. sc in next sc] two times. Fasten off. Weave in ends. Sew buttons to row 1.
Wrap bracelet into 5 or 6 loops (whatever you need to for it to be able to fit around your hand snugly but still slip onto your wrist.) Button button loop around bracelet.

6 comments :

  1. I love crocheted jewelry! I definitely need to learn sometime. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these creations! Very nice. Thanks for sharing at my party! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen crocheted jewelry. That's fabulous. I have a crocheted purse that I love and have often thought I should try making one myself in another colour. Thanks for linking up to Pin-ed it, Made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely! Could I sell the finished product if I include your name and your patterns name?

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...