31 December 2011

A look at 2011

In a  year my blog has grown so much, more than I thought it would have. I first stated the blog as a place that I could post some of my favorite recipes to share with a few family members. Eventually I decided I wanted to share my blog with everyone and got serious about spreading the work. I discovered link parties, blog hops, and pinterest. Now, I have over 70 followers. I know it could be more, but you 70 followers are more than I could have hoped for.

My very first post of the year was originally found on my old blog Erin's Cook Book Journey

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

In March I decided I wanted to make this a food AND crochet blog (and other random crafts too). So I started from scratch.   I gave my blog a complete makeover, a url change, and a new name.Actually, I started a new blog. I kept the old one around so I still had control of the url so someone couldn't use it for spamming and redirected it here. Anyways, A Crafty Cook was born. I got serious and started to post twice a week on a consistent basis.  When, football season hit that turned into 3 times a week. I've loved every minute of it.

Now on to the the best of the year

My favorite crochet project of the year was

But the most viewed crochet project was 

My favorite food post of the year was

Your favorite food post was my most viewed post of the year. It brought in nearly 14,000 views this year, more than 1/3 of the views my blog received.  It was my most pinned post on pinterest. This is probably why it had the most views. So the winner is 

It's been a great year and I look for to another amazing year of cooking, crocheting and crafting with you!

1 comment :

  1. some great post can't wait to see what else you have to share come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...