I guess I get to say thanks to Kerrye at Impossible Cleanliness for nominating me for the versatile blogger award. I'm not entirely sure what this award is or how it was ever started, but it's nice to know that someone appreciates my blog. Honestly, this feels more like a game to me than an award and I am totally willing to play along because there are so many talented bloggers out there that deserve some recognition.
Like any award or game there are rules.
- 1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- 2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- 3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- 4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
So lets start with the nominating some other blogs for the award. These are blogs that I enjoy reading and that I can always count on posting something worthwhile.
- Polka Dots on Parade
- Chef In Training
- Shugary Sweets
- Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Reasons to Skip the Housework
- Mom on Time Out
- Eat Cake For Dinner
- This Chick Cooks
- A Law Student's Journey
- Fresh Plate
- Happy Go Lucky
- Mushki Loves
- One Artsy Mama
- Sea Salt With Food
- B. Cheniful
Now here are 7 things you may not know about me:
- I can play the flute, piccolo, french horn, trumpet, and the mellophone. However it's been a while since I've touched anything other than my flute.
- If dragons were real they would be my favorite animal, but they aren't real so I claim dolphins as my favorite animal.
- My bachelor's degree is in Sociology.
- My favorite books are the Lost Years of Merlin Series by T.A.Barron. I love them, even though they are totally written for 13 year olds. I guess I could say the same thing about Harry Potter.
- I met my husband on a blind date.
- I'm only 5'1"
- This is something I probably shouldn't be proud of, but my roommate Danielle and I watched Mulan over 50 times in one semester. (It kind of became a joke after about the 10th time.) Me being a sociology major and her being a psychology major, we completely over analyzed every single detail of that movie. You don't miss much after 50 viewings. I'm not sure I've watched that movie again since that semester well over 5 years ago. I think my go to movie these days is Galaxy Quest.
Yep, I certainly am a strange one.