07 November 2011

Santa Fe Chicken Fajita Soup

I came across this recipe while I was in college. This is one of those soups that I really love on cold day. I found it on Kraftfoods.com. I like this recipe just the way it is as found on kraftfoods.com, but as I've mentioned before my husband isn't a big Velveeta fan so we've made some minor changes.  Sorry, the pictures are so horrible. My crappy camera and I don't get a long during the winter months. 

Santa Fe Chicken Fajita Soup
  • 1 pkg. Fajita Seasoning
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips or cubed
  • 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro (or 2 t. dried cilantro)
  • 1 Large onion (red or yellow), chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese (preferably low fat), cubed
  • 1/2 lb. Velveeta, cubed
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth 
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine fajita seasoning, (dry cilantro) and water in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 min. Spray large stock pot with cooking spray. Add garlic and fresh cilantro; cook on medium-high heat 1 minute. Add chicken mixture, onions and peppers to pot, mix well. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked, stirring frequently.  Add cream cheese, Velveeta and chicken broth; mix well. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until Cream cheese and Velveeta are melted and chicken is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add shredded cheddar cheese. Remove from heat as soon as cheddar cheese is melted.  If desired serve with tortillas or tortilla chip, sour cream, and shredded cheese.

3 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...