21 November 2011

Origami Box

It's been a long time since I've shared anything origami, but with Christmas coming up I've got a few origami projects up my sleeve that are perfect for the holidays. First, check out the origami gift bag I blogged about a few several months back. It's a cute little bag you can customize. Perfect for small gifts and goodies. Today, I'm going to share some video instruction for a masu box, a little box with a lid, also great for small gifts and goodies. You can also be customize these little boxes very easily. You can use whatever 12x12 scrapbook paper you like. You can use stickers, or stamp designs or names on the lid or draw on it with crayons... limitless possibilities. Seriously, just perfect for Christmas, right? By the way, if you are using the box for cookies and treats I would recommend lining the bottom of the box with a square of foil or parchment paper.
By the way, yes, I do know that the green and red box I make in the video is crooked and the lid is much too big. The thing is, I'm very OCD when it comes to folding paper. I like my folds nice and strait and very crisp. That means it takes me like f.o.r.e.v.e.r to fold my origami because I'll spend five minutes lining up an edge until it is absolutely perfect. In the end it turns out looking so nice. Just use the red polka dot box for reference. BUT, I also know no one wants to spend a half an hour watching me fold a paper box so I got past my OCD and made a box, a bit of a sloppy box in less than 10 minutes for you. If your lucky you might even hear a cute baby in the background. Now, if you find my video instructions hard to follow or just too long to want to watch a masu box is a pretty common origami fold. It wont hurt my feelings if you Google origami masu box or some combination of those words. You can find a lot of good tutorials out there. 




6 comments :

  1. My 5 year old is obsessed with origami.....I think I'll let him help me make these for everyone for our homemade Christmas this year...Thanks a Bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tutorial, this would be very helpful. Hope you are having a great holiday week end. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you will come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! Seriously! This is the neatest! I am going to make this! I featured it on my blog. Please grab a button if you'd like! The new party is up!
    Have a great day!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great, I'll make some boxes thanks for sharing!
    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A name of trust and reliability among many newly emerging brands in the packaging industry but maintains its name and reputation with dignity and strength. PackagingNinjas is offering the best rates with high-quality packaging boxes particularly for candles with free delivery at your doorstep within no time. Any kind of Custom Candle Box will be prepared as per the demand of the client with the material of his choice and the style of his desire.
    Bath Bomb Packaging
    French Fry Boxes

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...