18 November 2011

Bacon Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream

Now that we are all healthy again bacon wrapped appetizers were on the menu for the football game. I found the idea on pinterest. If you look at my pictures. Some of the potatoes didn't get any bacon because I only had half a pound of bacon and to be honest, if I would have had more bacon  I certainly didn't need to eat any more.  These little devils were delicious, but really can you go wrong with bacon wrapped around a potato?

Bacon Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream
  • 3 large potatos
  • 1 lb bacon
  • olive oil
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1-2 tsp green Tabasco sauce
Cut potatos in half lengthwise and slice each half in to 4 or five pieces. Place potatoes in a pot of water. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Toss potatoes in olive oil and season with salt, pepper,season salt, what ever tastes good on a potato.  Cut each strip of bacon in half. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each potato chuck. Fix with toothpick. Place on a cookie sheet covered with foil (for easier clean up). Bake for 25-30 minutes until bacon is cooked through and reaches desired crispiness. Mix sour cream with Tabasco sauce.


4 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...