12 December 2011

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Today I'm going to share a tasty breakfast with you.  Biscuits and Gravy. Well, I'm really only going to share the gravy part. I never make homemade biscuits. I think biscuick mix, as well as the little canned biscuits are quick and easy and taste just fine. So you can use your preferred buscuit for this because I'm not teaching you how to make biscuits. Now, i never really measure out anything with this here so any measurements I give our and estimation. You can feel fee to play around with quantities if you want a different sausage to gravy ratio.

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
  • Biscuits
  • 1 lb ground pork sausage. (Stick win an original seasoning, country seasoning, mild, but NOT Italian)
  • 1/3 cup of flour
  • 3 cups milk
  • Salt and Pepper
Cook your biscuits. Brown sausage in a pot or large skillet. Once sausage is cooked spirinkle with flour. Stir so that the sausage becomes coated and grease is soaked up by flour. Add milk.  Bring to a boil so that the flour thickens the milk. If mixture becomes to thick add a little more milk. If mixture is to runny mix 1 tablespoon of flour with 2 or 3 tablespoons of  milk and stir into the gravy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon gravy over biscuits and enjoy.







4 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...