12 August 2011

Fajitas

This is the first recipe I ever posted long before I had a single follower. I decided it needed a makeover with some pictures.
So to be honest there is not real a recipe involved, as in there are no specific measurements, but my hubby likes my fajitas a lot better than his so I thought I would share. So what makes mine better than hubby's? My trick is that I don't use a prepared packet of fajita seasoning. I season them myself.

Here are the basic ingredients in my fajitas:
  • Chicken or Steak (preferably steak)
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Green or Red Bell Pepper
  • Garlic (Sometimes I used fresh minced, sometimes I use garlic powder; depends on the day and how lazy I'm feeling, I don't keep minced garlic in the fridge, so I have to chop it myself)
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Seasoning salt
  • Chili Powder
  • Pico de Gallo seasoning (more optional, it's just something we happen to keep among our spices)
  • Cilantro

Start by chopping up the onion and the steak. Saute the onions a in a frying pan until they start to get tender, then add the meat. Add in the garlic and other seasonings. Sorry, I don't measure anything. As a general rule I  use more chili powder and Pico de Gallo than any of the other seasonings. I try to stay light on the salt and the cilantro.  After the meat has browned on the outside, add in the bell pepper and cook until the meat is done. Enjoy wrapped up in a tortilla with some sour cream and your favorite cheese. We usually go for cheddar, mozzarella  or pepper jack.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...