11 July 2011

Strawberries and Cream Popsicles

So I have been out of town and will be out of town for another week. We went back to Colorado to visit our Families. With both of our families in the same spot that means running around from one house to another trying to visit parent, grandparents, siblings, cousins, etc., I really do mean everybody! That means I have little time for blogging so sorry for the slacking. Anyways here is something I threw together a few weeks ago and have been waiting to post on a day like today, a day with little time for blogging. Enjoy a nice summer treat!

I had a little bit of sweetened condensed milk left over from something I made and I had some strawberries that needed used and decided to try and make a popsicle out of it. This is what I came up with.


Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
  • 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup whipped cream
  • 1/2 lb Strawberries
Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze several hours or over night.

This recipe only makes about 1 1/2 cups, which got me about 4 Popsicles (which was all the molds I had available, hence the small recipe). It can easily be doubled, tripled,you know the drill. Also, they aren't very sweet so you can play around with the ratio of sweetened condensed milk to make it sweeter if you like.

1 comment :

  1. What a terrific summer treat! Making homemade popsicles doesn't sound that hard at all, I could even do it :) I wanted to invite you over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...