28 June 2011

Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip

I was introduced to this stuff by my mom at my baby shower last summer. Don't be fooled by the texture. You really wont notice it and it's delicious...with crackers, potato chips, and probably anything else you normally dip in ranch. I'd imagine it's not all that bad for you either.

Cottagae Cheese Ranch Dip

  • 1 32 oz low fat cottage cheese
  • 1 8 oz Neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese, I just normally go the "healthy" route because I can't taste a difference)
  • 1 packet ranch seasoning

Soften the Neufchatel cheese and then cream it so it'll blend with the other ingredients better. Add in the cottage cheese and the ranch seasoning, mix it all together. (I used a hand mixer to see if it would break up the cottage cheese chunks and it didn't, but my mom mixes it by hand.)

So easy, right? According to MyFitnessPal 1/4 of cup of this dip comes out to about 64 calories. It's almost twice as much if you use cream cheese.

3 comments :

  1. That looks like something worth trying for sure. Too bad my kiddos don't love cottage cheese. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! This hooked me! Yum! I would love it if you stop by my blog and follow back if you like what you see!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me, but my hubby would not get past the fact that it's cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...