04 May 2011

Spring Chicken and Pasta Stir-Fry


I got this recipe from my Mom. I don't know where she got it, but she stumbled on it a few years ago and it was a keeper.  Even though this recipe is a warm dish, it's still a good dish for when the weather get's warm too. It's full of color and flavor. Like I said. It's a keeper.

Spring Chicken and Pasta Stir-Fry
  • 1 pkg uncooked linguine noodles
  • 2 Chicken breasts
  • 1 large carrot
  • 1 small yellow summer squash
  • 1 small zucchini
  • 3 plum tomatoes
  • 2 T olive oil, divided
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed 
  • 3/4 tsp salt, divided
  • 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves or 1- 2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking cube chicken and prepare carrot, squash, and zucchini into julienne strips. (I don't have a julienne peeler so I find it is easier to just dice the vegetables, you could also grate them with a cheese grater.) Dice tomatoes and set aside.

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil, garlic and chicken. Cook and stir the chicken until it is lightly brown.  Add the carrots, squash, zucchini and 1/4 tsp of the salt (and dried basil). Stir fry 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender crips. (It'll take a couple extra minutes if the veggies are diced.

Snip the fresh basil and add basil, remaining oil, salt and pepper to pasta. Toss gently. Spoon Chicken and vegetable mixture over pasta. Garnish with tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese.

(Yes, I know there are not any tomatoes in my picture.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...