Better Homes and Gardens Cheesecake Supreme
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
2. For filling, soften cream cheese. In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and lemon peel (if using); beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add whole eggs and egg yolk all at once, beating on low speed just until combined (do not overbeat). Stir in milk.
3. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. If desired, top with reserved crumbs. Place on a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes for 8-inch pan, 35 to 40 minutes for 9-inch pan, or until center appears nearly set when shaken gently.
4. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp, thin bladed knife to loosen the crust from the sides of the pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Chocolate Swirl Variation: Prepare Cheesecake as directed in original recipe, except omit lemon peel. Melt 2 ounces of semisweet chocolate. Stir the melted chocolate into half of the filling. Pour the chocolate filling into the crust lined pan; carefully pour plain filling on top of chocolate filling. Use a spatula to gently swirl fillings.
* We made a chocolate crust too. Replace the graham crackers with chocolate graham crackers and leave out the nuts and cinnamon.
Raspberry Sauce: ( it makes a lot and can be used as a filling. Pour half of the cheesecake batter in crust lined pan. Pour 3/4 cup raspberry sauce over cheese mixture in pan. Carefully spoon remaining cheesecake batter over raspberry sauce.)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or lighly sweetend frozen (thawed) red raspberries.
- 2/3 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice.