18 November 2016

Vanilla Crescent Cookies

I was lucky enough to be in the Czech Republic during Christmas time. I got to experience the wonderful Christmas markets, Christmas traditions, Christmas carols and of course, the Christmas cookies. When I think of Czech Christmas Cookies these vanilkové rohlíčky (vanilla crescent cookies) are the first thing that come to mind.  I love these crispy little cookies so naturally I had to try and make my own and they are just as good as I remember.

Vanilla Crescent Cookies

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds (I prefer pecans)

In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped nuts. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Gently toss warm cookies in remaining powdered sugar. Let cool completely on wire racks.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...