10 March 2015

Mini Cheesecakes for Two {Classic and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip}


This post  is pinterest inspired.  I was browsing pinterest and saw this posts for a mini cheesecake for two. Then I saw that mini spring form pans were on sale on Amazon so I caved and a set of 3. Since I bought them I, of course, had to use them.

Something I discovered about this recipe, It deems on the original website she only made one 4" cheesecake. I'm not sure how she fit the whole recipe in one pan, though, because I got two 4" cheesecakes out of this recipe. I'm not complaining, that means huby and I each get our own cheesecakes, except we are nice and shared with the kids too.

Because there was enough filling to make 2 cheesecakes I got creative. I dumped half the batter in one pan and made a classic cheesecake. I topped it with cherry pie filling before serving. Then, for the second cheesecake, I mixed a scoop of peanut butter and some chocolate chips into the remaining batter and made a peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake.  They both turned out rather yummy. I'm definitely hanging on to this recipe, because we love cheesecake in this house. We can never finish a whole cheesecake in this house by ourselves, but this recipe was just right.

Classic Mini Cheesecakes

  • 3/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg, room temperature
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press crumb mixure in bottom and up sides of two 4" springform pans.
Beat the brick of cream cheese until it is smooth. Scrape down the sides, and beat for another 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar, flour and the vanilla. Add egg, mixing until just combined.
Pour filling into prepared springform pans. Bake for 22 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and the middle still has a wiggle to it. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in with the door closed for a half hour. Take the cheesecake out and leave it on the counter 10 minutes.Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
Top with cherry pie filling before serving, if desired.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes

  • 3/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 3 Tablepoons peanut butter
  • 2-3 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press crumb mixure in bottom and up sides of two 4" springform pans.
Beat the brick of cream cheese until it is smooth. Scrape down the sides, and beat for another 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar, flour and the vanilla. Add egg, mixing until just combined. Stir in peanut butter and mini chocolate chips until just combined.
Pour filling into prepared springform pans. Bake for 22 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and the middle still has a wiggle to it. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in with the door closed for a half hour. Take the cheesecake out and leave it on the counter 10 minutes.Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
Top with cherry pie filling before serving, if desired.

Note: you want to make one of each type cheesecake fill one pan with about half of the classic filling and then mix in only 1 1/2 TBSP peanut butter  and 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chip to remaining batter.

8 comments :

  1. It was definitely informative. Your site is very useful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative. Your site is very useful. Thankyou for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day very cool blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but very precise info... Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I am always searching for quality posts and articles

    ReplyDelete

  6. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often

    ReplyDelete
  7. web site on regular basis to get updated from most recent gossip.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...