24 April 2014

Cake Mix Devil's Food Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze


This post was brought to you by my husband, since this is was my birthday cake. You don't think I would actually make my own cake now, do you? Last year my hubby did a fabulous job on my cake, making this chocolate cherry cake roll completely from scratch. This year I went easy on him and told him I wanted a chocolate pound cake with peanut butter frosting and since it's really easy to make a pound cake from cake mix and pudding mix he didn't have to slave in the kitchen like he did last year.  I found the recipe for the cake online at the Duncan Hine's website. When I pulled the cake mix out the cupboard we had by some perfect accident actually bought the Duncan Hine's cake mix and the recipe actually turned out to be right on the box.  I got the idea for the peanut butter glaze Pixelated Crumb.


Devil's Food Pound Cake
  • package Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 1 (3.4 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
Do not follow directions on cake mix box. 
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10" bundt pan or tube pan.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.

Peanut Butter Glaze
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2-3 tablespoons of milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Mix powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla together, mixing in a 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, until glaze reaches desired consistency. 

6 comments :

  1. I will support you. Such a very useful article. A must read post, Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s really a nice and useful piece of information that you provide here. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was an extremely good post. thanks. Pretty great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good web site! The data are very well written. Thanks for sharing it for free, greatt

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...