30 October 2013

Potato Skins

My goodness it's been a while since I've posted a recipe, hasn't it? Hopefully, things will get a little more normal once we move into a place of our own again.... in another month. There's nothing like waiting to close on a house. Until then I guess you get irregular post that mostly consist of my recent crochet projects, because I have plenty of time to crochet and with Halloween coming up I've had plenty of reason to crochet. However, I don't have a kitchen of my own at the moment which means I'm not cooking a lot. Anyway, here is an easy recipe in honor of football season.
Potato Skins
  • Russet Potatos
  • Melted Butter
  • Salt
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Toppings Precooked bacon, ham, chicken or ground beef, Green onions, chili, etc.

Bake potatoes at 350F until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then quarter lengthwise and then cut quarters in half. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Brush both sides with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake, skin-side up, at 450 degrees until crisp, about 15 minutes. Flip to skin side down and add toppings. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...