18 September 2013

Crescent Wrapped Baked Brie with Pepper Jelly


You are so lucky! You actually get a second post from me this week.  With all this getting ready to move and sell a house stuff I've been lucky to actually cook food, let alone take pictures of it and post it on the internet. But, you see, I made this delicious baked brie that I am really, reall excited to share with you. Now, the recipe used my homemade pepper jelly, so I figured I should share that recipe first. Anyway, the hubby and I are big fans of baked brie. We are especially fond of this Cranberry Maple Baked Brie. Well, this pepper jelly and baked brie is equally delicious. The sweet and spicy of the jelly goes perfect with the gooey melted cheese. The crescent bread is also a nice flavor and texture addition. Not mention that eating any sort of fancy cheese makes me feel very classy and posh. Seriously, it's a good thing that brie is a little pricey or I would be eating this stuff way more often than I should.

Crescent Wrapped Baked Brie with Pepper Jelly

  • 1 can (8 oz) Crescent roll dough or (if you can find it) 1 (8 oz) seamless crescent dough sheet
  • 1 (8-10 0z) Brie Circle or Brie Wedge
  • 1/2 cup pepper jelly
Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough and roll out into 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Trim dough to 10 x 8- inch rectangle; reserve dough scraps. 

If working with a round:
Spread 1/4 cup of the jelly in 6-inch circle on center of dough rectangle; sprinkle with almonds. Place cheese on center of dough; spread with remaining 1/4 cup jelly. Press dough evenly around cheese and press to seal completely. Turn pastry-wrapped cheese upside down onto ungreased cookie sheet.

If working with a wedge:
Cut 10 x 8-inch rectangle diagonally to make two triangles.  Spread 1/4 cup of jelly over one of the triangles, leaving about an inch around the edge. Place cheese wedge over jelly and spread remaining 1/4 of jelly on top of the cheese wedge. Cover with second dough triangle. Seal edges of dough triangles together. Move to an ungreased cookie sheet.
If desired, cut small shapes with cookie cutters from reserved dough scraps. Brush bottom of shapes with water and place on to of wrapped brie.  Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 - 10 minutes. Serve warm with crackers, baguettes, apple slices, etc. Store any remaining Brie in refrigerator.
Note: this would also work deliciously with various other jam and jelly flavors, such as apricot or raspberry.

4 comments :

  1. Does the little boy like it? Sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,
    I just love this appetizer, it looks so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that looks so fantastic. I love baked brie! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...