The required ingredients for the Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge were strawberries and raspberries. As my husband and I were contemplating what I could make the thought of a trifle came up. Well, I don't have a trifle bowl so I decided i could just make little individual cups for us. We decided on angel food cake and dream whip mousse to go along with the fruit for our layers. Well, we had leftover cake and leftover mousse so a couple nights later I just layered it up on a plate instead of putting it in the cups. Layering it on the plate was easier.
Dreamy Strawberry Raspberries Shortcake
- 1 envelope Dream Whip Topping Mix
- 1/2 cups Milk (for Dream Whip)
- Note: If you don't want to use Dream Whip or can't find it, Cool Whip would work too
- 1 package (4 serving size) French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (for pudding)
- Angel Food Cake, cubed for cups or 3/4 inch slices for plate.
To make mousse:
Mix dream whip mix and 1/2 cup milk in large bowl with electric mixer on low until blended. Continue beating at high speed for 4 minutes or until mixture thickens and forms peaks. Set aside. Whisk together pudding mix and 1 1/2 cups milk for two minutes.Gently Stir in dream whip mixture.
To prepare cups:
Layer cubed angel food cake, mousse, and fruit. Repeat Layers.
To prepare on a plate:
Take one slice angel food cake. Spread a layer of mousse onto slice of cake. Add a second slice of angel food cake. Top with berries and whipped cream.