08 November 2012

Hot Chocolate

I really love hot chocolate. My college roommates could confirm that for you.  The weather out here hasn't really gotten cold yet, which makes me sad, because I'm ready for hot chocolate season. What do I do drink hot chocolate anyway. I've been seeing delicious looking recipes all over pinterest for hot chocolate and they reminded me that I saw this recipe for Ultimate Hot Chocolate on Our Best Bites.  I made a quadruple batch of this for a church activity once and everybody loved it.  I decided we needed to have hot chocolate after we went to the corn maze a few weeks ago and decided to make this, especially since we were out of the powdered cocoa. Although, I didn't have baking chocolate so I made a small change and used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead. The recipes I keep seeing on pinterest use heavy cream which I'm sure is delicious and creamy, but I prefer this recipe because it uses water, which of course is easier and cheaper to come across. You could probably use milk to to give it a little richer taste.


Hot Chocolate

  • 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tsp vanilla

In a large sauce pot melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk. Whisk in 4 cups water and bring to  a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.  Enjoy! You could mix up the flavor by adding almond extract, orange extract, peppermint extract, raspberry extract, cinnamon, Andes Mints, etc.

5 comments :

  1. That's such an italian inspiration....!
    Love your recipes.
    Follow you!!
    Love,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I have only recently started drinking hot chocolate but I am hooked! looking forward to trying this!
    New follower!
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot chocolate with sweetened condensed milk - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw a recipe for hot chocolate with sweetened condensed milk until the other day and now on your blog. Thank you for the recipe. I need to definitely, try this.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-mexican-pizza

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...