23 July 2012

Marinated Steak Kebabs

This post is a little over due. We made these for the 4th of July.We wanted to do something barbecuey, but something different. We decided to make kebabs. We kept ourselves busy all day, so by the time we got around to grilling the kebabs up it was already dark and we didn't want to turn on the grill out side. We just used the cast iron stove top grill. The meat cooked up great. Unfortunately the unions were slightly under cooked (which really doesn't bother me, I like onions) and the potatoes were super under cooked. My theory is that they would have cooked through more on the real grill with the flames and a lid that could close and trap in some heat. Either way, I'll probably avoid using potatoes on future kebabs unless I boil them a little bit first. Anyway lets ignore my mistakes and talk about the good part: the marinade. It was delicious. This is basically the same seasoning we use for foil dinners too, except I don't usually use Worcestershire sauce.

Marinated Steak Kebabs
  • Steaks
  • 1 cup Italian Dressing
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • Seasoned salt
  • Vegetables like bell peppers and onions
Mix together Italian dressing Worcestershire sauce and season salt in a Tupperware or large ziploc bag. Cube steaks and add to Italian dressing mixture. Marinates steaks overnight. Chop vegetables. Put steak and vegetables on wood skewers and cook on a grill over medium heat, until cooked through.

2 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...