16 July 2012

Cookie Dough Filled Brownies

Okay, so I got this recipe out of 101 More Things to Do with a Cake Mix. The recipe was really for Cookie Dough Blondies, but I like chocolate a lot.I also like brownies a lot, so I decided to use Chocolate cake mix instead of yellow cake mix. I made these for my Sunday School class. Luckily, they were actually able to eat them and they loved them.

Cookie Dough Filled Brownies
Brownie Layer
  • 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. With a spoon, mix cake mix, butter, egg, vannila, and brown sugar together. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool completely.

Cookie Dough Filling layer
  • 1/2 cup butter or margerine, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
Mix 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar and sugar together. Stir in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour. Spread evenly over cooled brownie layer.

Chocolate Topping
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
  • 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
Melt together butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan or double boiler until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over ;cookie dough filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.

8 comments :

  1. This looks delicious!! Looks fairly easy to make, too (which is ALWAYS a good thing!!) :)

    Please check out my blog/follow if you have the time! I have some new and exciting posts coming up this week with a killer DIY project using antlers! :D

    Have a wonderful day!

    neha
    neha made

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, chocolate, cookie dough, wonderfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I had a couple of these right now! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is "yummmm" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin,
    Oh my just look at all that gooey chocolate goodness, it looks delicious. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would love this. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    xo-Kimberly {allons-y kimberly}

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...