25 April 2012

Shepard's Pie

I made this for dinner around St. Patrick's Day. So, do almost every one else. I saw a lot of Shepard Pie posted during the month of March. I figured I didn't want to be a broken record so I'd hold of a little while before posting it. It's an easy recipe. It doesn't require too many ingredients. It tastes great. At least, I think it does. Just  keep in mind you'll need a bigger pan than I used because I always decrease the size of recipes since it's just me and the hubby and little one who doesn't eat much.

Shepard's Pie
  • 2 cans green beans (or veggies of your choice)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 2-3 tablespoons chili powder (to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 cups mashed potatos ( I usually use a couple of Idahoan poaches)
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese
In a large skillet or frying  cook ground beef and onions, until start to get tender and beef is browned. Drain some of the grease. Add canned tomato soup (no water), chili powder, salt and pepper. Let simmer 5 minutes.  Drain green beans and pour into the bottom of a casserole dish. Add meat mixture on top of grean beans. Layer Potatoes on top of meat mixture. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over potatos. Bake at 350F until bubbly and cheese is melted.

2 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...