30 April 2012

Microwave Deep Dish Cookie Sundae

I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to desserts and other treats that can be made in the microwave. Sometimes, I think this is a bad idea when you have recipes like this microwave brownie. It only uses a few ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes. When it's that easy to make dessert how do you avoid gaining weight? Well, I saw this recipe for a microwave chocolate chip cookie. I pinned it and decided to try it. It uses a few more ingredients than the brownie and takes a little longer to make, but it's still faster and easier than a whole batch of Chocolate chip cookies. It's also not as dangerous on the waist line as a whole entire batch of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, you can't eat just one cookie when there a 2 dozen of them staring at you begging to be eaten.

Microwave Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • 2 Tbsp butter or margerine
  • 1Tbsp Sugar
  • 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp flour Flour
  • 2 - 3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips
In a small bowl, mix cream together sugar and butter. Add yolk and vanilla, mix well. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour and combine. Pour in the chocolate chips. Divide dough between two  microwaveable ceramic ramekins or  bowls. Microwave each cookie for 1 minute. (Do not over do this!) Set stove to broil and broil the microwaved cookies 1-2 minutes until crispy, golden brown. Serve with  ice cream, chocolate syrup,etc.

3 comments :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...