16 January 2012

Easy Cheesy Hot Layered Bean Dip

Don't forget to check out and link up to my 1 Month of Fun Link Party for January

Pinterest is going to get me in a lot of trouble. There is no way that I'll try every idea or recipe I pin on to pinterest, but there are somethings that are just to tempting to not try. This easy cheesy hot been dip from My Life as Mrs. was something I knew I would make the moment I saw it and it was delicious. The hubby even loved it too. I made a few changes to the recipe .One of these was for convenience; I used less cream cheese because I had a package that was already opened. One change was out of neccesity; I thought I had chili beans and I didn't so I just mixed a can of pinto beans with some chili powder. The last change was because I didn't read the recipe all the way through before baking it so ended putting the cheese on before I started baking it instead for just the last 5 minutes.  None of theses changes were very important and I'm betting it would taste better with chili beans and not so greasy overcooked cheese so were just going to ingnore the changes and pretend I made it just like the recipe said. Although, if I were to make it again I would try adding some ground beef or using a can of chili con carne instead of just chili beans. It just seems like it would taste even better with a little bit of beef mixed in.


Easy Cheesy Hot Layered Bean Dip
  • (8 oz) block of cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
  • 1 (15.5 oz) can Chili beans
  • 1 Jar of Salsa (8-12 oz)
  • 1- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Cheese of Choice (Cheddar, Colby Jack, etc...)
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray a 9 inch pie plate (or any equal sized oven safe dish) with Non-Stick Cooking Spray. Spread the cream cheese evenly in the bottom of the dish. Next, using the lid of the can, gently drain of the liquid from the beans (do not rinse), and then evenly spread on top of the cream cheese. Pour salsa on top of the beans, using just enough to cover them (about 8-10 oz).

Place into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to bubble. Remove from oven, add the shredded cheese (enough to cover the salsa). Place back into oven just long enough to melt the cheese (about 5-8 more minutes). Remove from oven and serve with Tortilla Chips.

10 comments :

  1. Mmmm. This looks so good! I'm hosting a winter theme linky party and would love for you to post this! www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This dip looks so good! Sounds like a recipe to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like a hit recipe for christmas and holiday get togethers. Thanks for sharing!
    best,
    Jenn from www.justaddwatersilly.com, hoppping from domesblissity
    (newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks DeLISH! Cannot wait to make it!
    New Follower! Found by Bacon Time!
    ~Jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, that looks like a great dip for a football crowd. I like the combination. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great and pretty healthy too. Nice to know you can make changes and it still turns out OK. Thanks for sharing this. Gail (Bible Love Notes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! i want some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank looks Delish! Thanks so much for Linking up at my Pinned it, Made it Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinning this one as well! Looks delish! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the combination.wish i can buy that one in a store.christian dating

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...