28 December 2011

Easy Sweet Rolls

So, I'm giving in and sharing the Christmas recipes, even though Christmas is over. Seriously, it's not like you couldn't find other excuses or occasions to make some of theses things year round.

This is a nice easy recipe that my husband grew up on and asks me to make every year around Christmas.  It's so easy because it uses frozen yeast rolls, not that you couldn't do home made bread dough but frozen dough is easy.  Usually, we set out the rolls so they are shaped like a tree, because that's how my hubby says it's done, but this year I decided to get creative and made a wreath. The icing glaze had a lot more roll to cover up since the rolls are more spread out in the wreath which means more icing for everyone. And to make it seem like it could be relevant year round, I guess you could shape out a heart a for valentines or use blue sprinkles for the 4th of July. 

Easy Sweet Rolls
  • frozen yeast rolls (however many you need to make your family happy/fit on your pan
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1-2 tablespoons orange juice
  • colored sugar or sprinkles
  • maraschino cherries 
Lay out rolls in desired shape. Let rise and bake according to package instructions. Mix powdered sugar with enough orange juice to make a thin glaze. Brush glaze over warm rolls. Sprinkle with colored sugar and top each roll with a maraschino cherry.



The tree shaped rolls from last year.

3 comments :

  1. Yum, looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! You could do the same with homemade rolls as well. What a great treat! I am having a Homemade Year in 2012 linky party over on my blog Blissful and Domestic and would love for you to link up any of your homemade goodness:>

    Have a fabulous week!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/p/my-homemade-year-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...