26 September 2011

Balsamic Pot Roast

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary back. Our anniversary was on a Saturday so we celebrated on a  Friday Night by  getting a baby sitter, enjoying a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden, seeing a moving and stopping at Dairy Queen. I still wanted to do something special for our anniversary on our anniversary, but I didn't want to work hard and slave in the kitchen all day. I had seen a recipe for a Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast on Pinterest and that sounded like a fancy yet easy dinner for a lazy anniversary. I made a few changes to eat to make it easier and added some potatoesand garlic because I love garlic. It was very good. I'd make it again.

Balsamic Pot Roast
  • 1 beef roast
  • olive oil
  • steak seasoning
  • 1 large onion, thickly sliced
  • several cloves of garlic
  • 3 potatoes, cubed
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
Rub meat with steak seasoning. Heat olive oil in a pan and brown both sides of the meat well in the olive oil. Place potatoes, onions and garlic in slow cooker. Place meat on top of vegetables. Use 1/2 cup of water to de-glaze pan that the meat was browned in. Add that water to the crockpot as well as the balsamic  vinegar and tomato sauce. Let cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. (You can skim the fat out of the liquid and reduce it in a sauce pan to serve as a thicker sauce. I just served it as it was, but it could have been a little thicker.)

1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...