07 April 2011

Crochet Baby Ring Stacking Toy – Part 2, The Base

As promised, here is the rest of the pattern for the Baby Ring Stacking Toy.  I posted Part 1 last week.

The Base - work in rounds, do not turn.
Supplies:

  • Worsted weight yarn
  • Size H hook
  • Polyester Fiber fill

Special Stitches:

  • § sc2tg - insert hook into stitch, yo and draw through, insert hook in next stitch, yo and draw through (3 loops on hook) yo and draw through all 3 loops.
  • † sc3tg -insert hook into stitch, yo and draw through, insert hook in next stitch, yo and draw through, insert hook in next stitch, yo and draw through (4 loops on hook) yo and draw through all 4 loops.
Round 1- Begin with magic ring. 6 sc in magic ring.  Pull tight.
Round 2 - 2 sc in each sc. (12 stitches)
Round 3 - [1 sc in next 2 sc, 3 sc in next sc] around (20 stitches)
Round 4 - 1 sc in each sc working 3 sc in the center sc of each 3 sc. (28 stitches)
Rounds 5-10 - repeat round 4 (76 stitches)
Rounds 11-13 - work 1 sc in each stitch
Round 14 - 1 sc in stitch, working 1 sc3tg in the 3 corner stitches of each corner (68 stitches)
rounds 15-21 repeat round 14 (12 stitches) - stuff bottom of base with fiber fill
Continue working 1 sc in each stitch until you have a post tall enough for your rings, stuffing with fiber fill as you go. 
Last round, work 6 §sc2tg. (6 stitches) Fasten off. Weave end through last row and pull tight so stuffing can't come out. Weave in remaining ends.


6 comments :

  1. Yes I would like to know how to put the ends of the rings together. If you could help I would really like that.

    Not sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my directions it states "Join last row and first row with slip stitches, stiffing with filling as the ring closes. Fasten of and weave in ends."

      I know I'm not the best pattern writer and I'm always afraid that people aren't going to understand my patterns. I'd like to help you figure it out, but I need a little bit more information/detail about what is confusing you. Please feel free to email me at acraftycook@gmail.com with any questions you have.

      Delete
  2. Im pretty confused with round 14. Can you tell me how many sc i need to do between each sc 3tog?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mine were 16, then 14, then 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, and round 21 only had 2.

      Delete
  3. I’m so confused on this part. I’m new so I’m sure it’s me and not the pattern lol. sc in each sc working 3 sc in the center sc of each 3 sc.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...