12 May 2015

Cinnamon Carrot Cake

This Easter we had a  nice dinner with my family. I volunteered to bring a carrot cake. The past couple of years I made this carrot cake cheesecake,  It's wonderfully delicious, but for some reason a regular carrot cake so much better (and a bit easier too)  This recipe came from my mother in law and was meant for a 9 x 13 pan, but  I decided to bake it in a bundt pan and just drizzle the frosting on.


Cinnamon Carrot Cake
  • 1 1/2 C. oil
  • 2 C. sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 C. plus 1 T. unsifted flour
  • 1 1/4 t. baking powder
  • 1 1/4 t. baking soda
  • 2 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t. salt
  • 3 C. grated carrot
  • 3/4 C. chopped pecans
Cream oil and sugar. Add eggs. Sift dry ingredients. Add to wet mixture and mix well. Add carrots and nuts. Bake in greased and floured cake pan--375 for 45 minutes. Cool and frost with cream cheese icing.

Icing
  • 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup margarine
  • 1 lb. powdered sugar
Mix till smooth.

1 comment :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...